Monday, August 04, 2008

One Hundred and Seven

By Justin


107, that was the high temperature yesterday. We set a new daily high temperature and an new overnight low high temperature as well. If this keeps up I am moving to Phoenix with Dan and Margo, at least they know to expect it.


I know it is August in Texas, but still, 107? I am sure this has to do with the ice cap breaking in Canada or Gore’s book, but it is still extremely H-O-T. Today the high is to be 106 before a tropical depression slams poor Louisiana and we drop to 97. Hold on for that cold snap.


To beat the heat, Holly, Eli and I will be headed to the mountains of Northern New Mexico for a week on Friday. The high temperature there yesterday was 75. I’ll take it.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

oh what fun! Have a fantastic trip! Y'all deserve it! It will feel so good up there!

Jonathan said...

so, how are you enjoying the "cold snap" today??

I looked at a map and I'm pretty sure garland is on the way to new mexico if you wanted to rescue someone else from the head ;)

aimee said...

I hear you. It is that hot here too. It is just lovely.

Tom said...

Are you oing to stop at the spring in Colfax county and get your dad a bottle of water? Have fun, I'm jealous.
Oldgoat

Viki said...

We were visiting one summer a few years ago and it was over 110 for the whole week we were around. My suggestion - you should move to Chicago! I'll admit that this summer is milder than any I've lived through here, but we've only had the AC on for 32 1/2 hours this year.

Have fun in the mountains!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Move to Phoenix! come to the dark side, leave Texas behind. you'll never look back :)

TreyJ said...

Hmmm...it was only in the high 70s here yesterday!

Of course, the tables will turn come January.

Anonymous said...

hi justin/holly. sorry about the heat. i understand all that. we just returned from another fabulous trip to chi-town and the weather was amazing.
could you send me the email of your friends that live there? i tried to leave a comment on their blog but it does not allow me to do so if i am not a google blogger.
eheu!
hope you had a great trip.
love,
heather

Unknown said...

We keep checking to see if you posted pictures from your family vacation! Hope it was a wonderful time together!

H Noble said...

For anyone thinking we are moving anywhere outside of Texas, you're crazy!

Pictures and vacation blog to follow...
H