Thursday, August 25, 2011

Life on the Road

By Justin

Well I am going on the road for work.  It has been a while, and never with two kids at home.  I am headed to El Paso to lend a hand to my coworkers.  I will be gone for two weeks followed by a week at a conference.  Starting Monday I will spend two nights in my bed in eighteen days.  It will be a challenging time for our family, mostly for Holly.  I will be home on labor day weekend, but we are in Friona for the holiday.  The following weekend I get home on Friday and leave Saturday morning for the conference.  Bad timing all around, but necessary.

I have been surprised at the overall lack of response on the previous posts.  The original post is the number one visited post on our blog in the last year.  More interesting than that is the follow up post.  I can see 'referring site' stats and the site that is the number one referrer is quite interesting.  I won't put that out here for everyone to see, cause it really doesn't matter, but it definitely amuses me that I know people are reading, but not commenting.  Maybe I am underestimating how much people care.
Maybe people just want to see pictures of the kids.  Guess I can make that happen and really leave my ranting to my friends.  They love it...no really they do...wait do I have friends..

hmmmmm  Guess i will give you what you really want.





3 comments:

aimee said...

Tell Holly I love her hat. And also good luck to the both of you. You might want to bring home a gift or two for her. She'll need some pampering. :)

Also, I wanted to comment on the last post, I really did, but I didn't have the words. I still don't. That may sound silly, but your post was very intellent and I didn't want to sound inferior. I think it is a very, very touchy subject to many and it is hard to discuss even with family members sometimes. I will say that I try to live my life "judgement free" because everyone faces God and it is no one's business but our own what He will say to us. I have too much work to do on myself to be worried about what others are doing or how they are living. "Love and be loved in return" is what I think we should focus on.

See, I still think I didn't say what I wanted to say quite right. Oh well.

Have a good trip.

Anonymous said...

Hi Justin! I will definitely be thinking about and praying for you and Holly over the next weeks. From our experience travel is hard on both the traveller and the one left at home.
I am very impressed and inspired by your writing. I love the power of the written word, and you possess quite a talent!
I also love the pics of your sweet family. Holly is a beautiful wife and Mama, and your family is just the best!
Thank you for the entertaining and thought provoking posts!
Love you all-
Cheryl

Viki said...

Have fun these next few weeks, as crazy as they will be. Thanks for the pictures, and again for your eloquently written thoughts.