Saturday, September 05, 2009

Texas Tech Football!

by Holly

Thanks to my brother's kind friend, we were able to go to the Tech season opener tonight using his season tickets and watch them win over North Dakota State. The Fighting Sioux. Since Justin would probably give you a very guy-like rundown of the game, I think I'll instead give you a top ten list of my evening's enjoyment.

1. Cagle's Steakhouse was at Raider Alley and I had a cardboard boat of steak and sausage with toothpicks. Now that is GameDay food!

2. There is now Kettlecorn at the games! (do you see a theme?)

3. Just in front of myself and Justin was a family with an adorable baby girl that couldn't have been over 6 weeks old. Darling.

4. I got teary during the school song and it totally caught me off guard.

5. I remembered every word to the school song and that was even more of a surprise.

6. Thoroughly enjoyed the cool Lubbock evening, once the sun went down.

7. Nice to be out for the afternoon and evening without having to cater to the demands of a toddler. (thanks Pops and Grandma for babysitting!)

8. Thought of said toddler many, many times during the game.

9. Besides my family, I saw 5 people I know.

10. Although I may not be a hardcore sports fan, I do bleed red and black.

4 comments:

Margo said...

So great that you went to the game! I love Tech football games. We'll have to come next fall and see one.

Anonymous said...

We have season tickets & LOVE the Cagle's food as well! I can't believe how many people take their little ones to the game -- Connor would never sit there that long and secondly, we aren't ready to pay for another seat just yet!

Christy

aimee said...

Glad you had a good time. Go Raiders!

TheLudlows said...

Oh how fun. I don't think I could remember the song. I hope I could. Glad you had a good time!