Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 15, 2010

By Justin

Why is it that every April 15th the news feels the need to report on last minute tax filers. I realize that there is really nothing else going on in the world to report on. I am sure they can’t devote that three minutes of some poor sap standing by the main post office drop off to any other issue. And I guess honestly I care that you are such a procrastinator that you waited until the day of to do your taxes anyway. And who does their taxes on paper anyway (besides Jenise)? Haven’t you hear of taxact.com? If you are filing an extension, shame on you. Pay your taxes already.

To the poor sap on the news sorry? If you need story ideas email me.

4 comments:

Viki said...

Trey always likes to get our taxes done early - by the time April 15th comes around, I've forgotten about tax day.

I agree on the procrastination thing - with services like Turbotax, you don't really need much brainpower to do them yourselves. If it's still scary for you, go to H&R Block.

aimee said...

We might have had to file an extension. Sometimes life happens. I am not ashamed. :)

Jenise said...

Taxes 101 - People claiming the homebuyer credit are required to complete a paper tax form. That's my excuse...for this year, at least.

taxact.com? Oh yeah, that thing where they "ask you plain-english questions and automatically fill in the tax forms for you." News flash, the forms are in English and a college educated person really should be able to easily complete them. :)

Unknown said...

I drove by the post office at 10:30 last night. There were hundreds...yes, hundreds, of people lined up and 20 or so cars spilling out of the parking lot down the main road. I thought there was some national disaster until I realized it was just tax day.